Your RNEA/MNEA/NEA membership matters and makes a difference! As a member, you are part of the NEA’s long mission “to advocate for education professionals and to unite our members and the nation to fulfill the promise of public education to prepare every student to succeed in a diverse and interdependent world” (nea.org).
Here are the top 5 reasons for your continued membership:
- Support for Children and Public Education– partnerships with communities to build support for public schools and educators
- A Voice with Decision Makers– at the local, state, and national level; full-time lobbyists in the Missouri and U.S. congress
- Advocacy and Representation– dedicated representation from RNEA and MNEA; $4 million of professional liability insurance; representation by attorneys trained in labor and school law as well as professional staff known as UniServ Directors who are trained in negotiations, representation advocacy and organizing
- Professional Resources– access to professional development and educational resources; discounts for graduate courses
- Savings with NEA’s Buying Power– access to exclusive discounts for online shopping, cell phones, legal consultation, financial planning, insurance, home and auto loans, and much, much more
Take a look at the following brochure for more information about what your membership can do for you and for the advancement of a quality public education for ALL of America’s kids.
Take a look at this flyer about the programs and services offered by NEA Member Benefits.